The size of the global E-commerce industry has risen dramatically in the last few years. We see the release of multiple new solutions that make customers, merchants, marketers, and developers’ life easier, such as Magento. After the official announcement of Magento 1 end of life and with the release of Magento 2, new updates are gradually transforming the standard of online sales. And below we explore Magento 2.3.4 in detail.
While the release is not focused on the customer, Magento 2.3.4 offers multiple vital advancements for merchants and the way they can engage their store visitors. The much-awaited 2.3.4 release notes are finally available to download and there is a lot of chatter going in the Magento developer India community regarding the improvements. This release note comprises a plethora of security, performance improvements, platform upgrades, and other crucial changes.
The release notes include more than 200 contributions made by the community members including researchers, experts, and professionals. This release comprises multiple functional fixes and plenty of security enhancements.
Magento 2.3.4 New Features
1. Important Security Advancements
Around 30 security advancements are made to eliminate the vulnerabilities of the earlier version release. However, still, a few vulnerabilities can be exploited to access the key details. To gain advantages from these vulnerabilities, attackers need to breach the admin section. But in Magento 2.3.4 features like two-factor authentication, VPN, use of a unique location are integrated for the Admin section security. For Magento E-commerce developers these features were in demand from a long time duration and with this release they have some relief.
Content template features are redesigned to ensure the white-list variables can be integrated into templates. After the redesign of content template features, administrator-defined templates like email, CMS content, and newsletters cannot directly call PHP functions and objects.
2. Platform Upgrades
There is a huge improvement in the Session Storage and Page Caching. The latest Magento 2.3.4 has features to support the RabbitMQ v3.8. It is a third-party and also the underlying technology of the message queue framework. Now merchants have to use the official payment integration method as the Authorize.net payment method has been disapproved of.
With the availability of the official support for MariaDB 10.2, the declarative schema error is resolved. Now, MariaDB permits Magento 2 development to use declarative schema with both MYSQL and MariaDB for E-commerce website development.
3. Performance Boost
The release notes revealed that the latest version has the functionality to disable the statistic collection for the reports module. To perform this activity, the merchants can follow the configuration setting (System Configuration > General > Reports > General Options).
Numerous improvements have been done in the GraphQL including the cart functionality, layered navigation, search coverage to escalate the performance of GraphQL.
- Customers can merge guest carts with customer carts.
- Customers can order and can complete it from a different device.
- The newly added category can be identified by URL key, name, or ID.
- Merchants can now specify pre-defined filters in the object or define a custom filter by using the ProductAttributeFilterInput object.
These above-mentioned features are available with Magento 2 and merchants running the old version should avail Magento 2 Migration service from a reputed development company.
Fixed Issues in Magento 2.3.4 Commerce Instance
Magento has fixed several issues in the core code of Magento 2.3.4.
1. Upgrade, Deploy, and Install
- Now, Magento will not disable the cache whenever they try to run the composer update.
- The command bin/magento setup: static-content: deploy was earlier resulting in an unsolicited error that has been resolved.
- Earlier, an error used to occur when MySQL tries to upgrade deploy container data set in app/etc/config.php. This issue has been fixed for the ease of Magento E-commerce developers and other community members.
- In composer.json files, double pipes have been introduced.
- module-analytics/Model/ExportDataHandler.php generates all the important data in the Docroot/var/ folder.
- Earlier, the TAB key is used to navigate out of the dialog by the administrator. Now, with the use of TAB key, administrators can navigate only in between Allow and Don’t Allow buttons.
- ESC button no longer shuts down the analytics popup dialog when the administrator logs in.
In the earlier Magento commerce version, the email sent from the Admin section includes the static file paths. This problem is fixed in this latest Magento release version.
With this release, the developers and merchants are waiting for the next version from Magento 2 development as it will bring new updates and different sets of fixed issues.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What was Magento 2.3.4 release date?
Magento 2.3.4 was released on 13/01/2020. It includes an open-source and commerce version with a full release note and it becomes a hot topic for all developers and Magento experts to talk about.
What are Magento 2.3.4 version technology stack requirements?
To install and use the Magento 2.3.4 version for designing secure & scalable E-commerce website, a user needs:
- Operating System
- Web Servers
- PHP Extensions
What are the features of the Magento 2.3.4 version?
- GraphQL support
- Progressive Web App for mobile users
- Page Builder
- Declarative DB Schema
- PHP 7.2 Support
- Asynchronous and Bulk Web API
- Multi-Source Inventory
We have discussed the major improvements that you can easily avail by upgrading to the latest release of Magento2.3.4 You can get it upgraded by contacting a reputed development company to Hire Magento 2 developers, for smooth results and advanced store navigation. To get timely guidance, call the team of experts having appropriate skills of development, upgrade and migration service. They will offer top-quality service with different upgrade packages.