Ecommerce websites are the main victims of malware attacks and digital skimming. All these attacks put customers’ information at great risk. Businesses may be made accountable for data breaches, therefore, it is important to keep your eCommerce store secure as much as possible. When it comes to building a secure eCommerce site, Magento is the most preferred eCommerce platform for building one. The platform comes with in-built security features and tools that help you make your eCommerce store secure. Magento Security Scan Tool is a highly effective security tool that takes care of all the security needs of your Magento store. In this article, we will discuss the role of the Magento Security Scan Tool in securing your storefront.
According to reports, the average data breach costs $3.86 million and it takes about 280 days to identify and contain one. There are many instances and still are growing. Fortunately, Magento 2.4.1 comes with a new Magento Security Scan feature that can help you secure your Magento store from malware, hackers, and digital skimming attempts.
Adobe’s partnership with Sansec, a business renowned for preventing digital skimming, has led to the integration of their library of more than 8700 danger signatures into their Magento Security Scan Tool. Keep reading on to learn how this powerful tool can help you in protecting your storefront and provide a secure eCommerce store to your customers.
An Introduction to the Magento Security Scan Tool
The Magento Security Scan Tool is a feature that Adobe provides to Magento Commerce or Magento Open Source users. Business owners can use the tool to monitor their eCommerce stores to protect them against unauthorized access, malware, and other security risks.
Constant monitoring is an important component of any eCommerce security campaign. The sooner you find and fix security vulnerabilities, the less harm they’ll do to your site. The Magento Security Tool can update merchants on any security threats they might have overlooked.
This tool is available for free to Magento merchants and can also be used by Magento developers directly within their Magento Accounts. If you’re looking to hire Magento developers who have experience using Magento, you can contact us right away!
Magento Security Scan Tool is Compatible with All Versions
If you’ve invested in Magento eCommerce website development, there are possibilities that you’ll have access to this service as it is compatible with all Magento Versions:
- Magento Open Source
- Magento Community Edition
- Magento Commerce
- Magento Enterprise Edition
Adobe is considering making the service available for all of its Magento products, later on, however, currently it is limited to its Magento commerce products.
Key Features of the Magento Security Scan Tool
Magento Security Tool comes with advanced features that can keep your data safe from attackers and data skimming. They include:
- Real-time and valuable insights into the status of your Magento online store
- Best security practices suggestions to fix issues.
- 17,000+ security tests
- Security reports that continuously monitor your progress
- Detailed scan report that displays successful and failed checks
- Provides recommendations if security checks fail
All the aforementioned features can be easily accessed directly from your Magento Marketplace account.
Here’s how you can access it:
- Click on the “Security Scan” tab
- Go to the Actions column and choose Run Scan
The report will show you things that were scanned, send notifications of any issues, and recommend actions to fix problems detected by the scans.
How to Set Up Magento Security Scan Tool?
Adobe has made the process of setting up the Magento Security Tool very easy and quick. However, if you need help, you can always hire Magento developers with relevant experience.
The Magento Security Scan Tool Setup is a quite straightforward process and can be done right from your Magento Marketplace account.
- Go to the Magento home page and log in to your Magento account.
- Choose Security Scan
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Click on +Add Site
- You will go to the Site Verification page
- Enter your site URL and assign a name. Click on Generate Confirmation Code
- Click on Copy to copy the code
- After this, open your Magento 2 admin panel and follow the below-given steps:
- Go to Content -> Design -> Configuration
- Select your site and click on Edit
- Extend the HTML Head section
- Paste the confirmation code in the text boxes of Scripts and Style Sheets
- Click on Save Configuration
- Next, go to the Security Scan page and check the code by choosing Verify Confirmation Code.
- Set up the Set Automatic Security Scan options, once the verification is completed.
- It is recommended to scan once every week. Choose the Week’s Day, Time, and Time Zone according to your requirement.
- Choose the Time and Time Zone to Scan Daily.
- Enter your Email Address to get notified of finished scans and security updates.
- Once completed, click on Submit.
Your website will be shown on the Magento account’s Monitored Website list if your domain ownership is verified. For multiple websites, you need to repeat the process of configuring security scans on each one.
If you face any difficulties during the setup, you can hire Magento developers from us for professional technical assistance.
Enhance Your Magento Storefront’s Security
If you’ve indulged in Magento eCommerce website development, then using a service like Magento Security Tool will enhance your storefront’s security and prevent costly data breaches that can harm your business.
This tool monitors your system from all aspects and detects
- Outdated software
- Digital skimming injections
- Security misconfiguration
- Potential malware and security vulnerabilities on your online store
- Potentially susceptible extensions
- Older security patches
- Scheduling on-demand or repeat scans based on your preferences
- Suggesting actions to take for any failed security tests
Implementing a plan for your business’s security best practices requires time and effort. As a leading Magento development company in India, we follow the best security practices for Magento stores to keep them secure against hackers and attacks.
Best Ecommerce Security Practices to Keep Your Store Secure
Using the Magento Security Scan feature is only one component that you add to your Magento security best practices. Some of the other essential elements include:
- Select reputable and reliable hosting providers and solution integrators.
- Run your website over an encrypted HTTPS channel
- Update your software and security patches regularly
- Use strong passwords and change them from time to time
- Constantly monitoring your system for security threats using security tools Magento Security Scan Tool
The Magento Security Scan Tool can be accessed directly from your Magento Marketplace account. So, it’s very easy to enable and use. Its ease of use along with the amount of protection it provides to your Magento storefront, make it an essential Magento eCommerce security solution.
As a reputed Magento development company in India, we can help you set up a highly secure Magento store by following the best security practices and industry standards. Get in touch with us and share your Magento store security requirements today.
Q.1. What are the top scanners to protect Magento websites?
Ans. Here are the top 5 scanners to protect your Magento website:
- Mage Scan
- Security Patch Tester
Q.2. What are the benefits of using the Magento Security Scan feature?
Ans. Using the Magento Security Scan feature helps you to identify:
- Existing or potential malware and security vulnerabilities on your site
- Security patches that are not up to date
- Vulnerable extensions used
- Digital skimming injections
- Misconfigurations in security, etc.
Q.3. Do you provide Magento support and maintenance services?
Ans. Yes, as an end-to-end Magento development company in India, we provide reliable Magento support and maintenance services to keep your Magento store up to date and hack-proof.